Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Godly Father



This is the card my mom gave my dad for Father's Day. This verse is now one of my favorites and means a lot to my family. After my grandpa died in November I found out that it was his favorite verse. A couple days after his funeral I stumbled onto this stamp set from Our Daily Bread Designs and had to have it. I made picture frames for my mom and myself with my grandpa's photo and this verse. It has been such a comfort to me. To me it describes my grandpa's life and personality perfectly. My mom lucked out, my dad also is a top notch guy and this verse is very fitting for him as well : ) I used Mojo Monday 143 for the sketch. I also used Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge 18, which was a great one. From the FLOWER recipe I have an ODBD stamp, oval, circle embellishments, ribbon, and stitching (I stitched on the ribbon although you can't really see it in the picture).

Paper: CTMH Free Spirit
Stamp: ODBD
misc star and circle buttons, ribbon

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Jenn, this is one fabulous man card and such an awesome take on this weeks Shining the Light Challenge!! Thanks for taking the time to play along!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job with this verse! I love it too!!! I'm so happy to read stories like yours and realize how special these stamps and Scriptures are to all of us! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious memory and beautiful verse!! I am sure your dad loved it. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I truly appreciate them!